I admit this post isn't quite relevant to Coldfusion but it will be useful to anyone who is planning to give a name for website and doing for startups. I still remember the following useful information from my ex-boss who did presentation for the new website. In this presentation, he told as follow:
If we need to give a name for website, it should be aware of following facts
- your website name should be short and easy to memorize like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Facebook and so on
- All of navigation at your website should be useful.
- Always need to put Home Page navigation link should be at the top of your website.
- Need to make our customers not to lose way when browsing.
- Need to put report button for broken links.
- Should not use heavy image file for every pages.
That's all I still remember from him.